Is Final Fantasy VII able to live up to its 97' standard? and should you buy it?
Yesterday on the 15th of August 2012 Final Fantasy VII was re-released for PC, and it brought with itself a good load of new features, but was those features worth anything? We will go through them all one by one.
The Cloud service is a great feature it allows you to continue from anywhere on your save. And every time you save you will see a little note at the top left hand side saying that the saves are synchronized with the server.
The Achievements are not as god as they could be, actually they are a bit boring. For an example there is 18 limitbreak's Achievements, one for 1st on every character and one for last on every character.
There is also the extra simple one namely "Won first Battle"? who dies in battle on the train sequence, there should be an achievement for dying there. All in all, here's a list of all the achievement's.
- End of Part I: Complete the first part of the game
- End of Part II: Complete the second part of the game
- End of Game: Complete Final Fantasy VII
- Master Materia: Reach the maximum level of any Materia
- Master of Gil: 99,999,999 Gil
- Top Level: Reach level 99 with any character
- Knights of the Round: Get materia Knights of the Round
- Omnislash: Get Cloud's last Limit Break
- Catastrophe: Get Barret's last Limit Break
- Chaos: Get Vincent's last Limit Break
- Great Gospel: Get Aeris's last Limit Break
- Highwind: Get Cid's last Limit Break
- Final Heaven: Get Tifa's last Limit Break
- All Creation: Get Yuffie's last Limit Break
- Cosmo Memory: Get Red XIII's last Limit Break
- Slots: Get Cait Sith's last Limit Break
- Bahamut Zero: Get materia Bahamut Zero
- Ultimate Weapon: Defeat the Ultimate Weapon
- Diamond Weapon: Defeat the Diamond Weapon
- Ruby Weapon: Defeat the Ruby Weapon
- Emerald Weapon: Defeat the Emerald Weapon
- Vincent: Get Vincent on your team
- Yuffie: Get Yuffie on your team
- Materia Overlord: Master all Materias
- Battle Square: Start a battle in Battle Square
- Golden Feather: Get a Gold Chocobo
- Won First Battle: Win your first battle
- Braver: Use Cloud's first Limit Break
- Big Shot: Use Barrett's first Limit Break
- Galian Beast: Use Vincent's first Limit Break
- Healing Wind: Use Aeris's first Limit Break
- Boost Jump: Use Cid's first Limit Break
- Beat Rush: Use Tifa's first Limit Break
- Greased Lightning: Use Yuffie's first Limit Break
- Sled Fang: Use Red XIII's first Limit Break
- Dice: Use Cait Sith's first Limit Break
While on the stand of Character Boosting the cheaty way like this our stand is don't, but that put aside. The booster system is a good system while is does not give you a chance to control what and how much you would like to cheat.
As we have played we have seen somethings worth mentioning, first of all the graphics looks enhanced in several ways, playing on a HD monitor the game looks like it's rendered at close to the resolution played at together with the linear filter which gives it that crisp feel.
Also the "Online Profile" does a great job of showing the player information bout their game and play through.
We here at Final Fantasy World thinks that the re-release is worth buying and playing, since it gives those old die-hard fans a blast from the past. And if you are new to the series then we cannot stress enough that this is the game that kick started the PlayStation.
If we where to give the re-release a rating it would not be the best for ratings but a 3.9 out of 5 by todays standards.